Explore Newfoundland at its most authentic — by sea — on Adventure Canada’s Newfoundland Circumnavigation cruise of the legendary island Oct 2-12, 2019 (and again in October of 2020).
The cruise aboard the 198-passenger Ocean Endeavour includes daily excursions to explore the island’s hidden treasures with engaging local guides who will have you wanting to stay in Newfoundland.
Canada’s first frontier (settled by Vikings around 1000 AD) is also its newest province (1949) after many centuries as a separate territory of the British Empire. And it’s unlike anywhere else on Earth. Hiking is excellent. The photography superb. The wildlife and scenery striking. And the hospitality sublime.
Join Adventure Canada’s expedition team of musicians, artists, naturalists, scientists, and scholars. Every day is an adventure ashore and every night is a potential “kitchen party” aboard.
NOTE: Adventure Canada is offering a saving of 15% (berth cost only) on the 2020 Newfoundland Circumnavigation cruise on all bookings made before Oct. 31, 2019.
Newfoundland is famous for fishing music, poetry, storytelling, folk art—and amazingly welcoming people. At every stop along the way, local people share their own special relationship with their island home.
- Travel with experienced Newfoundland staff who delight in telling their stories
- Enjoy authentic Newfoundland music and arts daily
- Learn the history of the salt cod fishery that dominated Newfoundland for five centuries
- Enjoy a warm Mi’kmaq welcome in Miawpukek First Nation Newfoundland Hospitality
Hike the spectacular Tablelands of Gros Morne National Park
- Geology rules at Gros Morne, where the Earth’s mantle actually protrudes through the crust to form the unique mountainous formations of the Tablelands.
- Learn the unique natural history of Gros Morne from experienced naturalists
- Marvel at the extraordinary views of beautiful Bonne Bay
- See the desert-like landscape dominated by peridotite, where few things can grow the Tablelands Gros Morne National Park Western
Get a taste of Europe on the French island of Saint-Pierre
- For many people, the island of Saint-Pierre is a bucket-list item. Just off the coast of Newfoundland, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon remains a French overseas territory.
- The last of France’s colonial possessions in North America, Saint-Pierre offers wonderful shopping, fine wine and cheeses, quirky cafes, and fine dining.
Visit the restored Viking habitation at L’Anse aux Meadows
The only authenticated Norse archeological site in all of North America, L’Anse aux Meadows, at the northern tip of Newfoundland is a must-see.
The Viking settlement, first discovered in the 1960s has been reconstructed. A fabulous interpretation center and wonderful guides in period costume bring Viking history to life.
Outfitted with 20 Zodiacs, advanced navigation equipment, multiple lounges, and a top-deck observation room, she is purpose-built for passenger experiences in remote environments. The Ocean Endeavour boasts a 1B Ice Class, enabling her to explore throughout the Arctic summer.Tags: 5% (berth cost only) on the 2020 Newfoundland Circumnavigation cruise, Canada’s first frontier, Cruise deals, Newfoundland Circumnavigation cruise