For travelers who want to learn more about the places they visit, SeaTrek Bali Sailing Adventures in Indonesia offers special Expert Led cruises that let passengers delve deeper into local disciplines like culture, history, literature, cuisine, natural history, botany and zoology.
Among the Expert Led cruises in the SeaTrek portfolio is “Papua’s Whale Sharks & Birds of Paradise,” a ten-day voyage that includes seldom-visited places like Raja Ampat, Waigeo, Misool, Triton Bay, Kaimana around the western coast of New Guinea.
Under the leadership of Dutch naturalist Alex Reeuwijk, this cruise follows in the footsteps of British naturalist and explorer Alfred Russel Wallace, who conceived the theory of natural selection independently of Charles Darwin. The voyage explores some of the areas that Wallace found so fascinating: rainforest islands that provide habitats for some of the world’s most colorful birds, remote white-sand beaches, pristine coral reefs and bays that shelter whale sharks, the gentle giant of the deep.
Alex’s entertaining and insightful lectures give new meaning to the places and things you experience each day. His lectures series includes . . .
- The Moluccas and the Dutch: A Bloody History
- The Natural History of Ambon and Seram
- The Discovery and Mapping of Papua
- Indonesia, bio-geography and Alfred Russel Wallace (two talks)
- The Age of Descent: History of the Theory of Evolution
- Sexual Selection and Beyond: Darwin vs Wallace
- All Things Birds of Paradise
- The Bountiful Birds of Raja Ampat