Peru Ecocamp offers guests a luxurious camping experience in a natural setting, while reducing environmental impact to an absolute minimum by nurturing organic gardens, and using both solar energy and natural water sources.
All domes are 300 square feet and include either a king-sized bed or two twin beds. They are fully equipped with a private bathroom (toilet, sink, and hydro-massage shower), wood-burning stove, and enough blankets to keep you warm even on the coldest Andes nights.
Dinner and drinks are served in the dining dome or the lobby/bar dome. With Peru Ecocamp you can experience luxurious accommodation and typical Peruvian food prepared using local, fresh and organic ingredients.
Done hiking, but up for more adventure?
- Camps are powered by solar energy and water turbine systems
- Water is filtered and treated with UV light, making it safe to drink the tap water, which in turn reduces the use of plastic bottles.
- Toilets are on a two-flush system: Liquid waste is filtered and then goes into the ground. The waste then goes through a biodegradable system and later used as compost for reforestation.
- Organic fertilizers and compost produced by the waste of fruits and vegetables from the kitchen are used on vegetables grown at the camps.
- The camp use organic non-detergent products in both kitchens and bathrooms.
- Camps contain all of the facilities needed to support trekkers. This reduces wearing down, destruction, and pollution of the surrounding terrain.