“This cocktail is a happy hour staple on our Amazon River cruise,” says Charles, a bartender on Jungle Experiences’ luxury and adventure riverboats in the Peruvian Amazon.
Now you can sip Peru’s favorite cocktail at home by following his quick and easy recipe.
What do you need?
- 3 parts Peruvian Pisco (or Grappa, Brandy, Vodka or Scotch Whisky). Alcohol must be 80-85 proof.
- 2 parts bar sugar syrup (or regular white sugar).
- 1 part fresh key lemon or lime juice.
- Egg white lightly beaten (for each Pisco sour serving, use one tablespoon of egg white).
- Ice (in the same volume as liquids).
- 2 drops of Angostura bitters (or a pinch of powdered cinnamon).
Let’s prepare it!
- Combine the Pisco (or other alcohol), sugar syrup (or regular white sugar), key lemon or lime juice, and egg white into a blender.
- Once you have all the ingredients in the blender, add the ice.
- Blend until all the ice is thoroughly crushed. Serve and add a couple of Angostura bitter drops (or powdered cinnamon).
And that’s it! You’re ready to recreate your Jungle Experiences Amazon cocktail adventure at home!