The next generation Australis expedition ship, currently under construction in Chile, is slated to launch in late 2017 with its first departure from Punta Arenas on 2nd January 2018.
Ventus will have 99 staterooms like its sister ship (Stella Australis), but the brand new vessel will feature these distinct differences:
- Windows in the Patagonia Dining Room will be circular rather than rectangular.
- Newer engines will feature the latest technology.
- Windows in the Yamana Lounge will be vertical instead of diagonal.
- Ventus will not have a gym and the ship store will be located next to the upper deck bar.
- Windows for Category AA cabins will be larger, for even more spectacular views of the Patagonian landscape from your room.
During its first season at the bottom of the world, Ventus will undertake a 4-day/4-night one way itinerary called the Patagonia Explorer route from Ushuaia and a 4 night from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia called The Fjords of Patagonia. Meanwhile, The Stella will concentrate on the existing “Discover Patagonia” and Fjords of Patagonia routes, between the two cities.
Australis is currently looking at the possibility of creating new shore excursions at places that Ventus will visit that are already included in other itineraries.