Dear Safari Partners,
The Government of Kenya has amended the entry requirements for all travellers arriving in Kenya.
Please take note of the travel updates below for Kenya:
- All arriving passengers aged 5 years and older on international flights whose body temperature is NOT above 37.5°C (99.5°F), do not have a persistent cough, difficulty in breathing or other flu-like symptoms, have a negative PCR based COVID-19 test carried out within 96 hours before travel and are from countries listed in section D on this list, shall be exempt from quarantine;
- All arriving passengers below the age of 5 years are not required to have a negative PCR based COVID-19 test;
- Departing passengers whose airline or destination country requires a negative PCR based COVID-19 test are required to utilize the Trusted Travel website trustedtravel.panabios.org (or Global Haven www.globalhaven.org if the test certificate is from a jurisdiction where Trusted Travel is not available), following testing, travellers will receive an SMS and/or email from PanaBIOS firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on how to generate a Travel Code from http://trustedtravel.panabios.
org/ to be approved by airlines and immigration authorities on departure;
- All passengers traveling to Kenya are required to obtain their visas online via www.evisa.go.ke;
- The following conditions shall apply to all arriving passengers from the United Kingdom:
- All arriving UK Citizens (both resident in Kenya and non-resident), irrespective of their route of travel to Kenya shall be subject to 14-day mandatory quarantine on arrival at a government facility at their own cost;
- All non-UK citizens traveling to Kenya from the United Kingdom, irrespective of their route of travel to Kenya shall be subject to 7-day self-isolation on arrival;
- International flights continue to operate as normal;
- Domestic scheduled flights and private charters continue to operate as normal throughout Kenya;
- Restaurants and bars continue to operate as normal throughout Kenya;
- Hotels continue to operate as normal throughout Kenya;
- A nationwide curfew remains in place between 2200 and 0400 throughout Kenya, until further notice;
- Face masks are to be worn by all people at all times in public places;
- Temperature checks will continue to be conducted in public places; and
- Social distancing of 1.5 m apart is required at all times.
We will continue to monitor the situation throughout East Africa and endeavor to update you as soon as changes are made.
The Cheli & Peacock Safaris Team