Tanzania Travel Updates (April 28th, 2021)April 28, 2021 - 3 minutes read
Dear Safari Partners,
The Government of Tanzania has introduced a Traveller Surveillance Form for all travellers (including children) entering Tanzania with immediate effect. All travellers are required to complete this form online, within 24 hours prior to arrival here or via https://afyamsafiri.moh.
Upon submitting the form, each passenger will receive a confirmation notification that will include a Unique Health Code that will be requested by immigration officials during primary screening upon arrival in Tanzania.
We recommend that travellers print a copy of the confirmation notification and save a copy on their mobile devices.
Please take note of the Tanzania travel requirements below:
- All travellers entering the United Republic of Tanzania are required to complete a Traveller Surveillance Form via https://afyamsafiri.moh.
go.tz/ within 24 hours of arrival in Tanzania. Travellers will receive a confirmation code, including a Unique Health Code, to be presented during primary screening upon arrival in Tanzania;
- All travellers entering the United Republic of Tanzania will undergo temperature screening upon arrival and must complete a Health Declaration form to be submitted upon entry;
- There are no self-quarantine requirements for travellers arriving into the country who are not showing any COVID-19 symptoms;
- All travellers entering The United Republic of Tanzania from Kenya are required to have a negative PCR based COVID-19 test carried out within 72 hours before arrival in Tanzania;
- Requirements for travellers departing Tanzania will be in line with the requirements issued by the travellers’ respective airline or destination country. COVID-19 PCR testing is currently available as follows, with payments made directly by travellers;
- Dar es Salaam, USD 100 per person per test, test results available between 24 and 48 hours of sample collection;
- Serengeti Seronera (availability depending on the guest’s location and logistics), USD 150 per person per test, test results available between 48 and 72 hours of sample collection;
- Arusha, USD 100 per person per test, test results available between 48 and 72 hours of sample collection; or
- Zanzibar, USD 120 per person per test, test results available between 48 and 72 hours of sample collection
- Please note that the current government advice is for travellers to undergo COVID-19 testing a minimum of 5 days prior to departure (depending on the specific airline and destination country requirements) to ensure adequate time is allowed for test results to be received;
- Face masks are to be worn by all people at all times in public places; and
- Social distancing of 1.5m apart is required at all times.
We will continue to monitor the situation throughout East Africa and endeavor to update you as soon as changes are made.
The Cheli & Peacock Safaris Team