Cruce Andino crosses the Andes between Chile and Argentina year round. But the four seasons can bring four very different experiences in the Lakes District. A guide to the weather and things you should bring to make your journey with Cruce Andino even better.
- December 21 to March 20
- Average daytime temperature around 86ºF (30ºC)
- Hot, sunny days with fresh evenings; the odd shower and wind
- Sunrise/sunset: as early 6:40 AM/as late as 9:20 PM.
- Light clothing that protects from wind. It’s also a good idea to pack trainers/sneakers and a jacket for the evenings.
- March 21 to June 20
- Temperature fluctuates between 39ºF and 55ºF (4ºC and 13ºC)
- Cool, fresh days, with cold evenings and regular rainfall.
- Sunrise/sunset: as early as 8 AM/as late as 7:30 PM.
- Waterproof clothing, jacket, sporting footwear.
- June 21 to September 20
- Temperature fluctuates between 23ºF and 41ºF (-5ºC and 5ºC)
- Days are cold with snow or rainfall.
- Sunrise/sunset: as early as 8:30 AM/as late as 6:40 PM.
- Wear a minimum of two layers, plus jacket and sports shoes.
- September 21 to December 20
- Temperature fluctuates between 44ºF and 68ºF (7ºC and 20ºC)
- Gradually long days with gradual temperature rise.
- sunrise/sunset: as early as 7:15 AM/as late as 7:30 PM.
- Comfortable and practical clothes, plus sports shoes and jacket for the evening.
- Always carry sunscreen, sunglasses and sun protection for lips.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Pack waterproof and windproof clothing.
- Always carry your passport or personal identity card, as during the trip passrd through both Argentine and Chilean immigration and customs.
- Whatever kind of identity document you hold, it must be valid and in very good conditions.
- Travel is not permitted for those who only have proof that their identity documents are being processed or those with expired identification documents.
- Luggage must be handed over at the beginning of the journey. You will receive a luggage receipt to claim your belongings at the final destination. For this reason, it’s important to carry your identity documents and other belongings necessary for border crossing control in your hand luggage.
- Voltage is 220V; plug sockets are TYPE I (Argentina) and TYPE L (Chile).
Tags: Andes Lakes District, Cruce Andino weather, Cruises in Andes, Four Seasons of Cruce Andino