Leave the car behind and experience the smells, sights and sounds of the African bush — and explore the best of Laikipia and the Masai Mara — on this seven day combination walking and game driving safari in Kenya.
The itinerary allows plenty of time to experience Kenya’s renowned wildlife and dig deeper into the African wilderness.
Fly from Nairobi to Nanyuki, transfer to Laikipia Classic Mobile (3 nights)
Personalized and family-run, the mobile camp features walking safaris supported by camels. The hikes offer a fascinating perspective on the region’s diverse wildlife and their habitats. On foot, you fine tune your senses and learn from knowledgeable guides. A caravan of friendly camels carry the luxury safari camps to a new remote and splendid location each day — a traditional adventure and an exhilarating safari experience.
Private charter to Nanyuki and onward flight to Masai Mara (3 nights)
A small, intimate classic tented camp with tasteful interiors, Ngare Serian is built along the banks of the Mara River. Private verandahs, open bathrooms and outdoor bathtubs provide the perfect lookout for hippo pods in the river and views over the Olooloo Escarpment. Mara North Conservancy offers undisturbed wildlife viewing and endless walking opportunities with knowledgeable guides.
Sadly, the end of your Cheli & Peacock Safari. However, plans can be made for onward travel to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, another safari destination, or departure for home.
- MID SEASON | 01 Jan – 30 Jun, 01 Oct – 19 Dec 2020
- HIGH SEASON | 01 Jul – 30 Sept, 20 Dec – 05 Jan 2020
- Full board accommodation
- Walking safari with camels in Laikipia
- Soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits
- Visits to local manyattas (villages) while on the walking safari
- Full or half-day guided walks at Ngare Serian
- Safari activities including game drives at Ngare Serian
- Laundry and all statutory charges
- Airport and airstrip transfers
- Exclusive use of safari vehicle at Ngare Serian
- Scheduled flights & domestic flights departure tax
- AMREF Flying Doctors Membership.
- Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
- Park and conservancy fees
- Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
- All statutory increases beyond our control
- International flights & visa fees