Peru Ecocamp’s Getaway Tour is for the adventurous traveler who has fewer days and wants to enjoy the breathtaking Peruvian Andes while staying at luxurious eco-camps that provide a true glamping experience.
The tour gives affords a chance to contemplate the majesty of the sacred Salkantay and Humantay mountains, and visit the lofty Humantay Lake (4,298 meters/14,100 feet).
The Getaway Tour includes a level of moderate hiking. Taking different paths and avoiding the more crowded trekking trails, it offers breathtaking natural scenery combined with historical and archaeological sites.
DAY TO DAY PROGRAM
CUSCO – CONDORS – PINCOPATA ECOCAMP
This first day gives participants time to adapt to the altitude and prepare physically for the hiking. We visit the Inca archaeological sites at Kuillarumiyoc or Tarahuasi and then drive through the Limatambo Valley with its small farming communities to Chonta, where we walk for half an hour with spectacular views of Apurimac Canyon. After enjoying a boxed lunch, we continue our journey to Pincopata Ecocamp. Free afternoon to rest or explore on foot, bike or horseback.
- Driving Distance: 132.5 km/82.8 miles
- Driving Time: 3.5 hrs
- Altitude at Chonta: 3,400 meters
- Altitude at Pincopata: 2,850 meters/9,348 feet
PINCOPATA ECOCAMP – TILCA & CHOQUECHURCO – PINCOPATA ECOCAMP
After breakfast, we drive to Tilca and hike one of the sacred mountains. Afterwards, we descend to Marcahuaylla for another short walk to the ruins of Choquechurco (“Place Where Gold is Placed”), then return to Pincopata Ecocamp after lunch.
- Driving Distance: 20.4 km/12.7 miles (round trip)
- Driving Time: 30 minutes (RT)
- Hiking distance: 10 km/6.25 miles
- Hiking time: 4-5 hrs
- Altitude at Tilca: 3,790 meters/12,431 feet
- Altitude at Choquechurco: 3,200 meters/10,500 feet
- Altitude at Pincopata: 2,850 meters/ 9,348 feet
PINCOPATA ECOCAMP – SORAY – HUMANTAY LAKE – CUSCO
After breakfast, we drive to the Soray and hike about two hours to Humantay glacial lake and its breathtaking scenery. Final meal at Pincopata before returning to Cusco.
- Distance to Soray: 20 km/12.5 miles
- Driving time: 1.5 hrs (round trip)
- Hiking distance: 6.4 km/4 miles
- Hiking time: ± 3 hrs.
- Altitude at Humantay Glacial Lake: 3,869 meters/12,690 feet
- Driving time to Cusco: 2 hrs
Read the full details here
Tags: Glamping in the Andes, Humantay Lake, Peruvian Andes, Salkantay and Humantay mountains